Pages

Tuesday 19 October 2021

White Island Eruption!

 Predictions-

What do I think I know about this disaster?

All I know about it was in the early afternoon sending a plume of ash! 

What do I think I will find about this?

More intresting facts about it and also on how it happened!

                                                Task 2 read & research -

1. What is the name of the cruise ship that guests to visit Whakaari/White island?
The cruise ship was called " Ovation of the seas "
2. Why does Whakaari/White Island have two names?
Captian Cook named it White island, while the local iwi called her Te Puia o Whakaari, their angry ancestor, so the official name is Whakaari/White island.
3. What time on December 9th did the volcano erupt?
It happened at 2 :11 PM
4. How many people lost their lives in the erupt?
22 people died from the eruption
5. Why was a rahui placed on the island?
A rahui was placed on the island and sea, as it was considered to be a grave.
6. What is an example of heroism from this passage?
Pilots flew three helicopters to the still-erupting island. They were able to airlift critically injured survivors direclty to Whakatane Hospital. 

Last thing once again is venngage! Here it is!!

This is my last one about all these disasters! I hope you liked and learnt new things about it! Have a great day! See ya!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.