Pages

Thursday 23 August 2018

Mighty muscles!

Hello everybody, last week my group learned about muscles.  I am learning to read and find the appropriate information I am searching for.


Here are three facts i have learnt so far about muscles. 

  


The first thing fact i found was you have more than six hundred muscles in your body. Your biggest muscle is the one you sit on. It's called the gluteus maximus.  


The next fact i found was your smallest muscle is deep inside your ear, and it's smaller than a flea. It's name is called the stapedius.


And the last fact i found was muscles pull your bones to make the different parts of your body move. One muscle in a pair relaxes, and at the same time the other tightens. For example, the muscles in your arm work in pairs.

The article l read was mighty muscles by Sue Gibbison. I think Sue Gibbison did mighty muscles to learn new things.   

And that is my facts about muscles. I hope you liked it and i hope you learned something. Bye.



10 comments:

  1. Did you enjoy reading this article? I agree with you, I think that Sue Gibbison did write the article so we could learn from it. I really like how you have used sentence starters like "the first..." and "The next fact..." This is a really great way to show that you are talking about a new fact. After our topic time have you learnt any new facts about muscles? Perhaps you could share one with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did enjoy this article a lot. I learned about new things.

      Delete
  2. Hey Lydia it is me Christina from your school i just want to comment on your blog cause is makes cence keep up the great work i want to see more good good work on you blog so have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia. I have read your writing and one thing that stood out for me was when you said about which muscle was big, and small, and then you told us where we good find them. Did you enjoy working in a group to find your facts? Sometimes it makes it easier to work with a buddy or buddies. What do you think is the most important muscle we have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot Christina. i will go to your blog post and i will comment on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lydia i remeber this

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you all excited for my next blog post?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.