Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Capturing My Audience!

Kamusta readers,

This Term we are working creating a strong narrative. It has to be believable, consistent, descriptive and a strong structure. 

Yesterday, we were learning how to show not tell. We looked for all our action words and then we replaced them with strong words on this dictionary called thesaurus.

Here is a link to thesaurus: Thesaurus

Search Results

Web result with site links

This is how we did it:

Here is a weak action word sentence: Rinaz gave Lydia a mocha.

This is how I changed my sentence: Rinaz kindly awarded Lydia with a delicious hot mocha.


Thanks guys for checking my new post! Do you like mocha? Make sure to comment and have a amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.