Pages

Friday 24 July 2020

Maths with Blocks:)

Kia ora readers,

 Half of our class have made lego blocks into maths by making a 3D , 2D and 1D. I made a 3D rectangle by using 2 by 2's.  For our maths we were learning about volume. So for the first top this shape has 15 squares. And on the bottom it has also got 15 squares. So altogether it has 30 squares.

Here is my math block!

top layer is the same as the area = 15 legos squared
I have two layers = 2 x 15 or 15 + 15 = 30

Thanks for checking my post have a great day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.