Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Super Sunny Sports with Awesome Features!

Hola my Amazing readers,


This week our class has been writing recounts using language features. So that now we have learnt all of these language features this term we need to use them for our writing. 


Here are the language features we have been learning about for the past weeks: 

  1. Onomatopoeia - ‘Bang’
  2. Metaphor - “You are the sun!’
  3. Personification “The clouds danced across the sky.”
  4. Hyperboles - “I was so embarrassed I would have stuck my head in the toilet to hide.”
  5. Alliteration - “It was time for super Sunday sports.”
  6. Dialogue - “Don’t move,” Ellenessa whispered.

So the first thing we did was answer in our documents the questions: who, why, what, where, and how. We wrote down these ideas in bullet points. Then we looked for the places where we could include ur language feature. We highlighted the different language feature words. Then we started a story with language features.  

Here are some questions I did for: What.


  • Fun friday super sport 
  • Bell rings
  • Go to your bag and get, water bottle, sin pads, mouthguard, hockey stick.
  • Line up in your group
  • Walk over to kyle park - teacher says move aside for the cars 
  • Run to coach
  • Start training before the game starts. 
  • Game: Find positions, Get hockey sticks/sin pads. 
  • In the gym to choose player of the day - really thirsty- Take off hockey boots, knock them together really loud to make them clean, take off sin pads, go into the gym to see who gets the player of the day.

Here are some winter sport photos!


Thank you for coming have a great day! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lydia.
    What a great way to show your learning.It was easy to read and well laid out.
    Is hockey a game that you play in the weekend as well as at school?.
    I used to play netball on Saturdays.We travelled to Balclutha to play.This was when I was at Primary School in Clinton.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.