Pages

Thursday 16 September 2021

Red Cabbage Indicator!

 Aim: I want to find out how to tell if something is an acid.

Method:

Equipment

  • Beaker
  • Red cabbage
  • Boiling water
  • Test tubes
  • Acid + Hydroxide
  • Dropper
Intrusctions:

  1. Gather your equipment
  2. Get the red cabbage and shred them apart
  3. Put the shreded cabbage in the beaker
  4. Put the boilling water in the shreded cabbage.
  5. On one side of the test tube pour 2cm of hydroxide and the pour the other side of the test tube with Hydrochloric acid.
  6. Then use the dropper to suck up the cabbage water
  7. Then drop the tinted water into any tube 
  8. Then try sucking up the acids into different tubes and see what colours you can make!
  9. Some of the colours should be: yellow, dark green, ( or just any green ) purple, blue, pink, or mulitcolour! 
Results: 
With using the dropper and putting different acids into each other they turned all cool colours :)

Photo! (not mine): 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.