Pages

Thursday 23 September 2021

The Pike River Mine Explosion.

 Predictions-

What do I think I know about this disaster?

I think there was a explosion ripped through the remote Pike River Mine. Thats all I know so far!

What do I think I will know about this disaster? 

I think i'll just find some intresing facts! 

                                                                   Task 2 - Read and research                                                      


1. Where is the pike River mine?
Pike river is near a place called Moonlight Tops hut. But pike river mine is loacted in the Paparoa Range on the West coast of the South island. 
2. When did mining at the Pike River mine begin?
At 3:44 PM on November 19th 2010.
3. How many men were inside the mine when the explosion occurred?
31 miners were deep underground when there was a massive methane explosion.
4. How many men escaped?
Only two named Daniel Rockhouse and Russell Smith survived, stumbling up from two kilometres underground.
5. Why were robots sent into the mine?
So for the robots to look for more survivors but they couldn't get far.
6. What decision did Jacinda Ardern make and announce in 2019?
Jacinda Ardern ( Prime Minister ) promised to unseal and re-enter the mine, and send in a team to see what they could find.

I couldn't find any intresting facts sorry but I you like you can always find out about the pike river mine in these two videos!



Last but not least we always have to do a venngage or canva/picto chart! But I did venngage because i'm more used to using it! Once again we had to do facts on venngage and how it happened (etc) or you could create a timeline!
Anyways here is mine! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.