Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

The Tangiwai Rail Disaster!

 Predictions- 

What do I think I know about this disaster?


I know that it happened cause of the tragic volcanic lahar from the Mt Ruapehu crater lake. I also know that it happened in Dec 23th 1953.

What do I think I will find out about this disaster? 

I don't know yet but I think I will found out some good infomation!

Task 2 - Read and Research 

 How many people were on board on the train?
1. There were 285 people on the train! ( and 151 people died!)
 Where did the lahar begin?
2. The lahar began at Mt Ruapehu crater lake.
When did the Tangwai Railway Disaster take place?
3.  Dec 24th, 1953.
How did the train driver know to put on his emergency brakes?
4.  He saw a man waving with a torch warning him to stop.
Why did the Queen give out medals?
5.  She gave medals to 4 people showing their bravery.
What was the installed after the Tangiwai Railway Disaster?
6.  They installed an early waring system on the Whangaehu.


Notes-

Our class didn't take any notes this week so I will just put the videos on so you guys can watch! :)

Video 1:

Video: 2 


Video 3: 

Thanks for checking my new post! Do you know anything else intresting about the Tangiwai
Railway Disaster that I didn't say in my post! If you do please let me know! Hope you all have a good day! Bye :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.